There are two kinds of profile you can build :
1) Research 2) Practice
Common Undergraduate Degree : B.A. or B.Sc. in Psychology , Sociology, Human Development, etc
1) Careerpath as Clinical Psychologist :
- P.G. :M.A., M.Phil in Medical & Social Psychology (clinical psychologist), M.A (Psychology), MPHIL (Psychology), M. Phil in medical and social psychology
- Certificate in Psychiatric Social Work : Project Cycle Management, Psychological Counseling and Assessment, Psychodiagnostics, Psychotherapy, and Social Development Research
- Counsellor/Psychotherapy/Psychiatrist : M.A. Applied Psychology, Specialisation in Counselling Psychology, M.Psy. HRDM (Masters’ in Psychology, Human Resource Management and Development) from Department of Psychology.
- MSW (Medical & Psychiatric)
- Diploma in counseling techniques
- Certificate Course in Cogitation and Problem Solving
Job opportunities and responsibilities :
De-addiction and psychiatric hospital : Psychiatric therapist, Assistance Occupational therapy, Vocational Therapy, Rehabilitation, Counselling, Patient Management, Group Activities, De addiction.
NGOs : Inpatient and Outpatient services, Organising Medical Camps, Conducting base line survey on the Public Health Status, Survey on Child Illiteracy through Child Line, Tribal Survey and Distribution of supplies to Tribal People.
Old Age homes : Worked in different programme like old age people pension, and their case study.
Working in psychiatric settings, counselling techniques, treatment for psychiatric patient, conducting different awareness programmes.
2) Career as Career Counsellor :
One year Diploma in Educational, Vocational, Counseling and Guidance, 1990, N.C.E.R.T, New Delhi.
3) Career as Industrial Psychologist
M.A. (Industrial Psychology) for Careerpath as HR position in an organization where you can optimize the use of training and soft skills as an Industrial Psychologist.
Expertise in Talent acquisition, Coaching, Counseling, Psychometric testing , Retention strategy and Industrial dispute resolution
Trained in Industrial Psychology with certifications in psychometric testing , employee selection and interview techniques ( Competency based structured Interviews) and Cognitive Behavior Therapy( CBT).
- ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOUR – Industrial Psychology
Additional qualifications in Masters in SOFT SKILLS AND COMMUNICATIONS
Behavioral and Soft Skills training :
Effective Communication Skills
Analytical reasoning & intelligence tests.
Conflict handling & Negotiation
Stress Prevention & Management
Effective Time Management ( work and rest)
Positive reinforcement techniques for self and others
Organizational Behavioral training
Anger management & Emotional Catharsis
Health and Hygiene Management.
Sales techniques and processes.
Vedic Interpretations on Modern Management
4) Careerpath as Trainer :
- Certified Trainer on Management Development Programs like :
Managerial and Supervisory Training
Human Resources Management Training
Career Development Training
Certified Trainer on Psychometric tests like MBTI and FIRO-B by Asianic Psychologists Press
Diploma in Training and Development from Indian Society of Training and Development.
- Master of Arts in Educational Leadership
• Instructional Leadership
• Staff Development
• Pastoral Skills for Effective leadership
• Organisational Theory and Behaviour
• Leadership in Community
• Economic, Legal and Industrial Studies
• Policy Formation Change and Decision Making