DEALING WITH LAZINESS :
1) breaking a bigger task into smaller ones. Making the chid realise that it is better to study little but on daily bases rather than finishing an entire subject on a prior to the exam because when studied on daily bases the child has more time to spend on recreational activities leading the grades to be good.
2) making the child count how many hours has been wasted by the child, due to guilt the child might be self conscious and disciplined.
3) STRONG AFFIRMATIONS : always stating phrases with great belief such as " i will definitely accomplish my goal, i will score very well, i am very hardworking and sincere" before going off to sleep will imprint on the subconscious mind and will be reflected in actions.
4) VISUALIZATION: always visualizing goals, holding on to the vision throughout. Preparing mental images of the goal would always motivate the child.
5) scheduling particular time for phones and television and viewing compulsorily one positive video through those gadgets.
6) studying according to the modules to be covered and not hours wise!
Making the child feel that it's impossible to have gained the wasted time back and also to think about the consequences.
You can go through the following blog for study habits and tips for exams : Click here